Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I have a tough Assignment for You Elwood's Shack

How do you eat through a menu?
Left to right?
Top to bottom?
Breakfast to lunch?
Or do you start with the specials?
How?

Well I have a solution, just try to go as often as possible and try something new every time.
Eventually you will eat though a menu and you will know what's good and what's really good.


That's my plan for Elwood's menu, I mean what is better the fish tacos,the clam chowder,or the brisket sandwich, there are just too many choices.

So it was my 3rd time going and I saw the specials and it had every thing I like including: clam chowder a must have and a new favorite ops!
I guess I am suppose to be telling you what I got and not how it was.

Well, I got the clam chowder, the Ruben, and the tamales. My Dad got the brisket sandwich.
Starting with the clam chowder it was perfectly exquisite and better than Boston. It is now my favorite.
Next the Ruben, first they house cure there own pastrami. I mean who else does that?
It was good but lacked that New York rye bread, which would have put it over the top! The beef was the best.
The tamales were good, but not the best item I ordered. They were covered in Chili and very fresh pico. They tasted great just not clam chowder great.



 

Dad said the brisket sandwich was good but I did not try it. I was too busy eating the clam chowder.  

1st and my favorite clam chowder it was creamy. You could tell there were clams in it and everything was the same size, deliciously delectable.
2nd fish tacos just yummy.
3rd brisket wrap tasted better than the brisket I had in Texas that says it all.
I'll keep you posted if my order changes.

Oh yeah, Jessica knew my name when I walked in!!! How cool is that?!

 Love the cabbage leaf,
Logan Elwood's Shack on UrbanspoonElwood's Shack