Friday, November 7, 2014

Bounty on Broad

I really like Broad Ave. It has a true Memphis feel and is really trying hard to revitalize itself. I have taken some classes at the 5 in 1 social club and really enjoyed them. Now when my Dad said he wanted to try Bounty I was all for it so off we went.

Bounty is cool looking very Hipster chic and the view of the water tower is killer! It feels clean and fresh. I liked it.

We ordered three plates of food - it is family style tasting plates and she recommended 4-5 for three of us. She meant it. We tried the quinoa stuffed peppers, the fried oysters and the hanger steak. 

The peppers were good- the quinoa stuffing was dense and had a nice flavor. It had chorizo and onions maybe. There was a roasted red pepper sauce that was pretty nice. I like the dish. It was good, but felt vegan. For me it was missing just a hint of something, I have not figured out what. But it was good.

The oysters were good fresh and tasty. They had a nice clean taste and sat on a slaw bed with green onions. The apple cider sauce was really nice.  I like this dish. I got some extra sauce and I really enjoyed it.

The hanger steak was tasty too. It was a little too rare for me but it had a good flavor. The stak sat on a brussel sprout bed with some great oyster mushrooms stir fried in. I mean these really were the stars of the dish. They had a great flavor.

I am glad I went but not sure if it is an I cant wait to go back place. 

Love the Cabbage Leaf

Logan HDM 

Bounty on Broad on Urbanspoon Bounty On Broad Butcher And Restaurant