Saturday, March 4, 2017

My Incredible Indian Journey


If you have been following me for a long thyme pun intended,
then you might know that i have been working on filling out my bucket list. 
I have just crossed off one of the seven wonders of the world the Taj Mahal. But now to see the Taj you must first go to India. So like all of my adventures there is a story of how I got to India, and then to Agra, and then to the Taj Mahal.

It all starts with The Young Chef Olympiad, now before you ask if I took home the gold medal I was a judge not a competitor. You have to be a 3rd year college student to compete. I talked to the founder of the Olympiad Dr Bose
 and worked out all the details after that and some immunizations I boarded the 17 hour flight to India. The Olympiad included a tour of 4 cities Delhi, Bangalore, Puna, and Kolkata. I came a couple of days early to go and see the Taj Mahal. The Olympiad consisted of 38 countries competing for $10,000 US Dollars. There were several different types of challenges some were to follow a recipe and others were a mystery box, the top 10 countries competed in the final heat. Singapore won the competition.

Judging the YCO was fun but seeing India was a lot more fun. I started in Delhi and then went to Agra this is when being in India really set in. The drive to Agra was a bit of a road trip I had some spicy red onion flavored chips because whats a road trip without snacks. Also there was a man riding an elephant and some monkeys and a lot more. When it comes to describing the Taj the photos are really well known but one of the things the photos don't quite show is the immence inlay. The entire building is covered with inlay and the optical trick used like the Arabic actually gets larger as it goes up so that it looks the same size from a distance and some others. 
This is just the first post of India because there is so much to mention and remebering every little detail that took the trip from just a trip to a journey.
Also I took the photos.


Love The Cabbage
Logan


You can also Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Vine.