Friday, April 10, 2015

More Sous Vide By PolyScience

After making the best darned smoked chicken, it was time for the pork.

Boneless pork cutlets are notoriously dry and hard to cook perfect. The Sous Vide does the best best job (http://www.polyscienceculinary.com/).

My first boneless chop I wrapped in bacon and tucked onions under the bacon. This was vacuum sealed and put in the bath at 144.F. After 1 hour to 1 hour 30 min, the pork was cooked. I removed it from the bag and pan seared it for a perfect pork chop. The meat was so tender and the bacon browned up. It tasted really good. This was my WORST recipe, but it was pretty darn good.





I took another boneless chop and rubbed it with my own Memphis BBQ Rub and smoked it with my Smoking Gun, and then sealed into the Sous Vide. This gave an almost instant flavor of a slow cooked BBQ - so popular here in Memphis. I pan seared the meat just to give it some brown color.  My Dad loved it and he really hates this kind of meat as it is too dry. He enjoyed the pork with a simple slaw and some pickle beets. If you follow my Blog, you know my Dad is no foodie and he hates dry meat. If you do too, then the Sous Vide should be in your line up.




My last creation with the pork was to take the chop add 1/2 cup of apple butter, salt pepper, and an extra 1/2 Teaspoon of sugar to the bag,   I vacuumed sealed it and cooked it in the same round in my Sous Vide.

 This was the best. I removed it and pan seared it for a bit of color, and served with an easy potato pancake and some red cabbage. It is so good! The apple flavor goes through the meat and it is just sweet enough to be good. This chop was all mine, no sharing. 



I can tell you that it is an amazing tool for things you that usually cook dry. The perfect temperature is so great and watching it in the bath is fun too.

I am glad I have one. And I hope to share more of my Sous vide successes with you in the the future.


Love the Cabbage Leaf,
Logan


PS  Cous Cous cooks like a dream in the Sous Vide.

I Love Love Love it!