Monday, August 18, 2014

On the Tour Corky's a Memphis Classic


Memphis BBQ Tour Logan Guleff MasterChefYou might know that the BBQ tour t-shirt my Dad and I dreamed up finally got printed and so now I am on "The Tour" to be a Q king.

 I started at Corky's a Memphis icon of great Q. Robert Boyd told me about running the pit long ago and how the business has grown to more restaurants, cookbooks, stores and QVC. 

I mean these folks know BBQ and sell BBQ. 

 Now, I have had Corky's ribs many many times and I can tell you they are very good. They have a great smokey taste and just fall off the bone. I like them dry, of course - I am a Memphian! But the wet are pretty darn tasty too. I like the pulled pork it has a perfect BBQ flavor. The onion loaf, cheese plate and tamales are all good. I just noticed they are selling a cat fish so I ordered that even though I was on the tour the allure of something new could not be passed up. It came out hot and fried. I liked it but the sauce was just a bit too pickley for me. My Mom tried the turkey club also new to us and it looked good. 


 They just put up a new wall decoration and it really has brightened the place up. I loved the coke bottle cap detail.



 If you are from Memphis you have already tried Corky's if your from out of town and think QVC has given you the Corky's experience- try them anyway cause no one tells you about the toasty, buttery sourdough rolls almost the best part of eating there !  



Logan Guleff with Corky's Pitmaster


I also got to meet the Pitmaster Mr. Robert Boyd!




 Love the BBQ,
 Logan

Corky's Bar-B-Q on Urbanspoon






Corky's Ribs & BBQCorky's Ribs & BBQ