Monday, July 14, 2014

Tap & Tamp

There has been a ton of buzz about Tap and  Tamp and how good their coffee is. Since I really love coffee I wanted to go. Now you also know that my Dad is not a Foodie, he does not even know why people sun dry tomatoes! Much less why you would eat them.

The building is kind of woodsy. Lots of wood and orange paint. It looked nice and had a fun vibe. They had an awesome cool cold brew coffee system. I loved it!

However that was the only thing I loved. My salmon sandwich was pretty but the salmon was sliced too thick and it had no smokey taste at all. I love smoked salmon so it was pretty disappointing. The fish was just too slimy. I ended up eating my Mom's Italian style sandwich. It was fresh but I am not sure they put the olive spread on it like they were supposed to. It had the same orange creamy spread as my salmon.

Now Dad got a sandwich with a funny long name something ground beef, sausage and a cheese sauce on Brioche bread. It was supposed to have peepers and onions but it has SALAD instead. To be honest the cheese sauce had a raw flour taste and a pretty wonky texture. It was gross. Dad was NOT HAPPY!
He also got some beets with goat cheese and balsamic vinegar. I liked those but Dad.....is not a foodie!

What really upset me was the way they treated us, like we did not belong in the restaurant and that kinda upset me cause I love new food places. Did I mention that they had an old Nintendo system and when I could not get it work the girl just ignored me.

I guess the place is catering to Hipsters and I must be too short to qualify, or maybe they sensed Dad's nonfoodie vibe, either way I won't go back.

PS. It was pretty expensive too- I mean we could have had a feast at Elwood's! And they are always very nice!


Love the Cabbage Leaf,
Logan


https://www.facebook.com/TampTap
http://tampandtap.com/




Tamp & Tap on Urbanspoon Tamp & TapTamp & Tap