When you get invited to do a spot for the Oscars-- first thing you do it think "what do I wear" LOL
Not a problem for a Chef.... I worried what will I cook?!
This was a great fun day and I had a blast- sorry it took so long for me to write! I am trying to get back in the swing of blogging!
Sweet, Hot and Low Jazz Chicken and Waffles (Inspired by Whiplash)
20 chicken Drummies part of the chicken wings
3 cups buttermilk
Salt and pepper
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 Tablespoons Franks Hot Sauce
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon Hungarian Paprika
1/2teaspoons Onion Powder
1/4 teaspoons black pepper
1. Season the drummies with salt and pepper, then drop into 2 cup buttermilk, and marinade for 2 hrs in refrigerator.
2. After marinating, remove the drummies and pat them dry on paper towel.
3. Dredge the Drummies in flour mixture (3 cups flour, 1/2teaspoon Hungarian Paprika, ½ teaspoons Onion Powder, 1/4teaspoons black pepper, and ¼ teaspoon salt)
4. Make egg mixture which consists of 2 eggs, 1 cup of buttermilk, and 1 1/2 Tablespoons Franks Hot Sauce.
5. Create flour mixture which consists of 3 cups flour, 1/2teaspoon Hungarian Paprika, ½ teaspoons Onion Powder, 1/4 teaspoons black pepper, and ¼ teaspoon salt
6. Dredge drummies into the egg mixture and then back in the flour.
7. Dredge the drummies again in the flour mixture. This should make a thick coat on the drummies.
8. Set on a rack and prepare to fry.
9. Heat 3-4 cups of Oil (peanut) to 325 F degrees in a skillet and fry the drummies until brown.
Temperature of the meat should be 190 degrees F (roughly 10 minutes).
4 Tablespoons Butter
4 Tablespoons Honey
1/4 Teaspoon cayenne powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon powdered garlic
Melt butter in small sauce pan, add in honey and melt the two together by stirring. Then, add in the spices and continue to stir. This should be served warm. Be careful not boil the sauce.
Savory Cornmeal Waffles with Herbs
4 Tablespoons butter melted and let cool
1 cup cornmeal (stoneground)
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of sugar
2 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
½ teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon thyme
1.Heat waffle iron and spray with cooking spray before using.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl.
3. Mix wet ingredients together in another bowl.
4. Combine the two together and stir until just blended.
5. Scoop into the waffle iron and cook until brown.
6. Assemble the dish by plating the hot waffle topping with the drummies and drizzling with the spicy jazz honey sauce.
**You can decrease the heat (spiciness) with less cayenne or knock it up by adding more.