Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Harmony at Hog and Hominy


masterChef Jr USA 2 Logan Guleff memphis


Harmony at Hominy- when flavors and flair meet under one roof, you know you are gon
na have a great time! 
I did.
We got 3 different pizzas the Shroom, the Red Eye and a Kalamata olive.
I cant believe how tasty the shroom pizza was. It was my favorite. I mean this thing was loaded with mushrooms, creamy goodness, and arugula  I know on a pizza but the spicy taste was delish. These flavors blended perfect harmony. 
The Red Eye had a egg in the center. The deep rich red sauce was great. I liked the added celery but it was not my favorite. I am a Shroom Boy  all the way!
The Kalamata Olive had more savory taste. It was more traditional, but still nice. 

I tried the Poutine- a french fry and gravy dish from Canada. All the elements were good but I would not order it again. The deep flavor of the bone gravy was too strong for me. 
Logan Guleff at Hog and Hominy MasterChef Junior USA
The Caprese salad with the heirloom tomatoes and oil and cheese! Just bowl licking good! Please give me some more and just a bit of bread to get that last bit of juice. This simple dish was extraordinary!



Now the coolest part of it all - the kitchen... I love watching them prepare the food. I went up to the bar and watched. I heard they have a fancy tasting menu by reservation only. I cant wait to try THAT.



Junior MasterChef Logan Memphis, Tennessee Guleff Season 2

So Hog and Hominy is hip, hot and wonderfully over the top!


Love the Cabbage Leaf-

Logan



Hog & Hominy on Urbanspoon Hog and Hominy