Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pyros- choose wisely Padawan

There is this new place on Union Ave. called Pyro's.
Pyro's is all about pizza and it is kind of like Ghengus Grill, but for pizza. The way it works is you select the size, the sauce type, the meats, the veggies and cheese. It is fun to just go crazy with toppings and you can get pretty creative. The problem is you are the one who has to eat it! So if you choose lots of good stuff but it goes together in a strange way it is still your dinner. I would suggest thinking carefully about the type of things you like and then think if they blend together well.
      I got a snack size pizza with red sauce, mozzarella cheese, a bunch of olives, and Cajun chicken.
It was ok. The chicken had no taste and the crust is a cracker type, but the rest was good.
My Mom got a pizza with red sauce, mozzarella cheese just like me and she also got sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, sausage, mushrooms and other cheese. It was good to but still had a cracker crust- not her favorite at all. She won't go back. I think it is a NY thing.
My Dad got the pesto pizza it came pre-made and he did not decorate with anything else.He said it was good but I did not try it. Have you noticed that my Dad does not share often, and he usually has some basic choices. 

Pyro's is a cool place but needs to fix its crust or my Mom won't take me back. 
Logan Guleff at Pyro's

Ps. They do have a build it yourself salad: the same advice stands.





Love the Cabbage Leaf

Logan





Pyro's Fire Fresh Pizza on Urbanspoon Pyro's Fire Fresh PizzaPyro's Fire Fresh Pizza